SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Sept. 24, 2015 – Physicians with 21st Century Oncology, the nation's premier cancer treatment network and largest radiation therapy provider, have been chosen to showcase their latest research developments at The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) 57th annual meeting. The meeting is the premier radiation oncology scientific event that has over 11,000 attendees each year. This year, the meeting will be held from October 18-21 in San Antonio.
21st Century Oncology physicians were given the opportunity to speak at the ASTRO meeting to share the results of comprehensive research hoping to help enhance patients’ lives.
“We are excited to have a robust presence at ASTRO this year,” says Steven Finkelstein, M.D., Board Certified Radiation Oncologist and 21st Century Oncology’s Chief Science Officer. “21st Century Oncology is conducting groundbreaking research across the nation, advancing the field of radiation oncology. We are honored to be chosen to present some of our work at this prestigious conference.”
Radiation Oncologists who will be presenting their work in educational and research sessions to thousands of renowned medical professionals include:
- Steven Finkelstein, M.D. – Moderator, eContouring Learning Labs on lymphoma, gynecologic cancers, lung cancer with SBRT, and cancers of the GI tract, breast, head and Neck; Speaker, eContouring Learning Lab on prostate cancer; Moderator, scientific session Sarcoma and Cutaneous Tumors
- Steven Patrice, M.D. – Discussant, Scientific Session on Health Service Research I- Defining "Cost-Effectiveness”
- Larry Kestin, M.D. – Discussant, Scientific Session on Physics IX- SRS and SBRT
- Frank Vicini, M.D. – Lecturer, Learning Lab eContouring for Breast Cancer
Physicians and physicists who have presentations at ASTRO include:
- Ron Allison, M.D.
- David Boulineau, Ph.D.
- Yu Chen, Ph.D.
- Daniel Dosoretz, M.D., F.A.C.R., F.A.C.R.O.
- Eduardo Fernandez, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.R.O., F.A.S.T.R.O.
- Steven Finkelstein, M.D.
- Gerald Fordyce, Ph.D.
- Jeffrey Forman, M.D.
- Daniel Galmarini
- Michael Ghilezan, M.D.
- Andrej Hnatov, M.D.
- Larry Kestin, M.D.
- Drew Lichtblau, B.S.
- Constantine Mantz, M.D.
- Alvaro Martinez, M.D.
- Xiaohu Mo, M.S.
- Gustavo Olivera, Ph.D.
- James Orr, M.D., F.A.C.O.G., F.A.C.S.
- Donald Parnell, Ph.D.
- Steven Patrice, M.D., M.P.H.
- Sharon Salenius, M.P.H.
- Samith Sandadi, M.D., MS.c., F.A.C.O.G.
- Fadi Abu Shahin, M.D.
“One of the founding principles of our company is our commitment to advancing the field of radiation therapy through research,” says Daniel Dosoretz, M.D., CEO and co-founder of 21st Century Oncology. “Our strong presence at ASTRO demonstrates our commitment to remain the leading radiation oncology provider in the nation.”
For more information about our services, visit www.21stCenturyOncology.com.
About 21st Century Oncology:
21st Century Oncology is the largest global, physician led provider of Integrated Cancer Care services. The company offers a comprehensive range of cancer treatment services, focused on delivering academic quality, cost-effective patient care in personal and convenient settings. As of June 30, 2015, the company operated 183 treatment centers, including 148 centers located in 17 states and 35 centers located in six countries in Latin America. The company holds market-leading positions in most of its domestic local markets and abroad.